Monthly Archives: September 2011
I made a quick little header for my blog.. I think the default layout was just way too dark so I figured I’d make the blog glaring and obnoxious instead. (High five!) I downloaded a fantastic rainbow wallpaper set to use from manchino on deviantart (:
When I first got my printer, my friend helped me name it Frank the Tank, because it’s MASSIVE. Frank’s been good to me though (once we got to know each other.) Here’s a few of my latest prints, thanks to Frank.
I spent some time working on my branding, and this is probably Rainbow of Crazy Version 1.0. With a quick little banner in the shop, I also finally got to work on some business cards. I debated on several different online services that sell business cards, but I decided I really didn’t need a 250-500 stack of cards right now. I’m kind of the person that’s well, I won’t say finicky per se, but I may end up changing the look of my cards on a whim, and I didn’t want to be stuck with hundreds of cards that I don’t really care for later on down the road. (This is why I’ve yet to get a tattoo.. that shit is for LIFE, y0..)
So I decided I’d print off some business cards myself, with the help of Frank. The cards have some slight variations with layout, because I figure, why not, right? And I can print off sheets as I need them. They’re simple but I like them (:
Frank is my buddy and hopefully we’ll have a nice long friendship together. Seriously. We better. I can’t afford a Frank the Second Tank.
The Happy Squirrel tarot card has been on my to-do list for a very long time. You remember The Happy Squirrel card right? Mentioned in The Simpsons episode with a fortune teller showing Lisa’s future, her wedding that ended in disaster, yadda yadda. Well, when I wanted to dive into the tarot card series, I knew The Happy Squirrel would have to be included as well. I kept putting it off though because I hadn’t quite figured out how I wanted to tackle my version of The Happy Squirrel card. Why is The Happy Squirrel happy? No one really knows!
I finally finished painting it yesterday though! Here’s some progress shots and the final painting (:
I can’t quite tell if I’m being productive enough this past week. I’ve painted a ton but I still feel like I don’t have a whole lot to show for it! At least not until I get all the materials that I’m waiting on. Then I can finally get these pendants going. I’ve got almost 30 prepped and painted! But until the supplies come in, I’m stuck in prep mode.
On the plus side, here’s a couple of latest pieces of art that I squeezed out (:
I’m going to try updating more often. Maybe smaller posts more frequently will be much easier to handle? In the meantime, there’s always my Facebook and Twitter accounts, as well as my quite random Tumblr (:
And just for fun, here’s a Bulbasaur pendant I painted today. I’m pretty sure this one won’t be leaving my greedy paws though. I love me some Bulbasaur!
I finally learned how to split content in a post. About time, right?
It’s been a tough week with my fibro really just beating me up, but I’m trying to chug along. New paintings have been slow, mostly because I’ve been working away at making a logo and overall branding of my shop. I think I’m making some progress, but it’s a very slow and involving task and it’s been taking time away from actually creating new art. I need to either stop being so picky.. or start looking into creating a robot to do all the extra work for me.
Anyone have a spare robot??
I’ve been looking expanding and creating pendants of my art. It’s taken a bit of research and time to hunt down the right supplies for me, because it’s like when I first got into making prints: I always have to make sure that I do things right before putting anything up for purchase. When I first decided to make prints, I spent hours and hours researching and learning and seeing what equipment would suit me, what paper to use, what supplies I needed to protect my artwork, and all the effort I think was worth it and I’ve been super pleased with the prints that I can make now.
So the same goes with pendant making. I didn’t want just an image with a dome covering it, or something like a glaze covering the image like I’ve read so much about. I decided that I would try my hand at resin making.
This is not a tutorial, but just some progress shots of my first attempt at using resin. It’s not as hard as I thought it’d be! I first sized and printed out a sheet of my art that I thought would work as a circle pendant.
Hope everyone had a great weekend! I managed to get some more painting in before the barbecue we had on Saturday. It’s also been rainy the past week.. and temperatures are dropping quickly so I have a feeling the beach won’t be in my future again this year ):
Here are some progress shots of some new art: